Monday, December 14, 2015

Jus' Five Favorite Fictional Female Badasses In YA




Jus’  Five Favorite Fictional Female Badasses In YA (I dare you to say that five times fast!)

I’m a sucker for strong female characters in YA (who isn't?). I like my heroines tough with a side of snark and an in-your-face attitude (that sometimes tends to get them into trouble). Here’s a list of my top five faves (in no particular order!)

1     Suze Simon – Suze can roll with the punches. She sees the dead—and even dates one. I recently found out that Meg Cabot is coming back with another book in the series. To say I fangirled would be an understatement... Check out Meg Cabot’s Mediator books here.

2      Dru Anderson - Dru comes from a world where females of her kind are rare and normally fawned over. That’s not her style, though. She was raised to beat down supernatural baddies. You can read more about Lili St. Crow’s Strange Angels series here.

3      Kaylee Cavanaugh – Kicking ass doesn't have to mean physically taking your enemies down. Kaylee is smart, brave, and kind to all those around her. Totally someone I'd want in my corner! Check her out in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series here.

4       Rose Hathaway – Rose is a force of nature. Loyal and dedicated, she’s from Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy Series which, on the off chance you’ve been living under a rock, can check out here.

  Katniss Everdeen – Sorry, but no badass female list would be complete without Katniss. She's loyal and fiercely protective of those she loves. So much, that she volunteers herself for certain death just to spare her sister. Check out the Hunger Games Series  here.

What about you guys? Who is your favorite fictional female in YA?

No comments:

Post a Comment